Sometimes insurance companies hire other third party companies to act as adjusters in your case. They do this for various reasons. For example, they might not have the staff support in your area. So they assign your case to an independent contractor who will perform insurance adjusting services called a private adjuster. For all practical purposes, private adjusters act just like other insurance adjusters. They fulfill the same functions as an in-house adjuster. But their authority to settle will probably be limited. Many times their role is to gather information only. Then, when negotiations begin, an in-house adjuster takes over.

If you or anyone you know is not happy with their lawyer for a serious personal injury case, then you can take action.  Contact The Bartinik Law Firm, PC in Groton, Connecticut at 860 445 8521 or toll free at 888 717 4211.  

Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut