Restitution is a legal term for a remedy to make someone whole for something wrongfully lost.  If you are a victim of a car crash caused by a drunk driver you have likely suffered a personal injury, have incurred medical bills, and car repair bills.  Some of those bills might be covered by insurance while others might not be.  The drunk driver will be charged with the crime of drunk driving.  The state's attorney is called the prosecutor.  As a victim, you can ask the state's attorney (the prosecutor) to get you "restitution" from the drunk driver as a condition of probation or other settlement of the criminal case.  That way the drunk driver might have to pay some of your bills.  

If you have been injured in a car crash with a drunk driver, contact the car accident lawyers at The Bartinik Law Firm, PC., 100 Fort Hill Road, Groton, Connecticut at 860-445-8521 or toll free at 888-717-4211.

Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut