Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-717-4211
Phone: 860-445-8521
Bartinik Law Firm, PC

Can a loss of consortium claim be brought in a wrongful death action in Connecticut?


As of this writing a spouse can bring a claim for loss of consortium for the death of a spouse in Connecticut.  The claim is a claim for damages with respect to loss of the society of, affection of, moral support provided by, services provided by, sexual relations with or companionship of the other spouse, suffered because of the death of the other spouse.  Additionally, there is legislation pending that has a very good chance of being approved that will also allow a claim for loss of parential consortium.  If that law passes, then children will be able to bring a loss of consortium claim for the loss of a parent.  The claim will be for damages from the loss of love, companionship, and guidance for the loss of a parent. 

If you have any questions about a loss of consortium claim in Connecticut, contact the wrongful death lawyers at The Bartinik Law Firm, P.C., 100 Fort Hill Road, Groton, Connecticut at 860-445-8521 or toll free at 888-717-4211.

Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut

Live Chat