The only way to protect yourself from underinsured drivers is to have underinsured motorist benefits on your policy, and to make sure you have enough insurance. All car insurance policies in Connecticut require underinsured motorist coverage as part of the policy. We see many unfortunate instances where our clients are seriously injured in car accidents, and they did not carry enough underinsured motorist coverage to protect themselves. We recommend that you have underinsured motorist coverage of six times your annual salary.

If you or anyone you know has a question about a car or truck accident, or car insurance please contact one of our Car Accident Lawyers at The Bartinik Law Firm PC, 100 Fort Hill Road, Groton, Connecticut at 860 445 8521 or toll free at 888 717 4211.

Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut