You are responsible to pay the bills. But depending upon who is at fault and whether or not you have collision coverage an insurance company will probably agree to pay the bills. It might even seem like they are responsible. But technically you are responsible to the car repair shop. Usually, the insurance company will deal with the car repair shop directly. If you have collision coverage on your policy you have coverage through your policy. If you do not have collision coverage on your policy then you can have the other guys liability coverage pay for the property damage assuming the car crash was the other guys fault. Many times the liability coverage will pay for the property damage, and will settle that claim with you separate from the personal injury part of the case.

  • "If you have been injured in a car accident on I-95 or another Connecticut roadway, an experienced Groton car accident attorney would be happy to meet with you today for a free and confidential case evaluation. Please reach out to the Bartinik Law Firm at 860-445-8521 or toll free at 888-717-4211."
Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut