We have already established that you, the client, have the right to fire your lawyer.  You can fire your lawyer just like you can fire you plumber or electrician.  So, how does the process work?

First, you will probably have your new lawyer lined up so your new lawyer will help you with the process.  

But, generally, here is how it works.  You will notify your lawyer in writing that you discharge them immediately, and direct them to take no further action on your case.  You also ask for a complete copy of your file including original documents.  Your new lawyer should also promise to pay the first lawyer for their incurred costs, and to share the legal fee under the rules that apply.  Its that simple.  

If you or anyone you know is not happy with their lawyer for a serious personal injury case, then you can take action.  Contact The Bartinik Law Firm, PC in Groton, Connecticut at 860 445 8521 or toll free at 888 717 4211.  

Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut