One problem that occurs often in car accidents is when you have a huge property damage bill for car repairs from a car accident, and the at-fault driver's insurance company refuses to accept fault.  You have no transportation, no car, and you need to get to work.

In this situation one reasonable solution is to submit your car repairs through your own insurance company by making a collision coverage claim.  If you were not at-fault, your rates should not go up.  That way your car repair bills will get paid promptly.  Also, your insurance company will be able to seek reimbursement from the at-fault driver's insurance company.  They will chase them, not you. 

Now the drawback is that you will have to pay the deductable, but that cost of the deductable will be far less than the actual cost to repair the car.  But you can still recover the deductable as part of your personal injury claim when you file that.  

If you don't have collision coverage on your car you will be out of luck.  Your only remedy will be to bring a lawsuit against the at-fault driver.  If the cost of the repairs are small enough you might be able to bring the case in small claims court which will get you a faster result then Superior Court.  But of course, small claims court is only available for small claims. 

If you or anyone you know has been in a car accident, and the at-fault insurance company refused to pay the property damage claim contact the car accident lawyers at The Bartinik Law Firm, PC. 100 Fort Hill Road, Groton, Connecticut at 860-445-8521 or toll free at 888-717-4211.

Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut