Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-717-4211
Phone: 860-445-8521
Bartinik Law Firm, PC

Do I have to remain at the accident scene after a car to truck crash?


If you are injured, and need medical help immediately, then go to the hospital. But if you are physically able to remain at the scene, the law requires that each party remain at the scene of the accident until the police arrive. Usually, the police will arrive at the scene quickly. If the other guy says he has to leave, then you should just let him because you certainly don’t to get into an argument over that, or worse, a physical confrontation. But he should not leave, and if he does he has violated the law. After the police arrive you should simply explain that the other person left, and leave it to the police to handle the situation. The other guy will probably get a ticket. If the other guy left the scene and fled, your instinct might be that you have no claim. It can get complicated. But you should have some legal advice.

If you or anyone you know has a question about a serious car accident in Connecticut, contact the Car Accident Attorneys at The Bartinik Law Firm PC, 100 Fort Hill Road, Groton, Connecticut at 860 445 8521 or toll free at 888 717 4211..

Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut

Live Chat