The answer will depend upon several factors including what leave benefits are available to you, whether the Family & Medical Leave Act applies, and how long you will be out of work. But there is certainly no rule that says that a person’s job is guaranteed if they miss work due to a car crash. So, if you are injured in a car crash, and might miss work for an extended period of time you should get legal advice. It is certainly possible that you will lose your job. There a several types of leave benefits that might apply including: Union contracts, non-union contracts, and employee handbooks. Also, in Connecticut, the Connecticut Family & Medical Leave Act might apply in addition to the federal Family & Medical Leave Act. Of course, those in order to gain the benefits of those statutes, one must have a condition that is a serious medical condition as that term is defined under the laws. At The Bartinik Law Firm, PC we handle personal injury cases as well as employment cases. We have extensive experience involving the Family & Medical Leave Act.

  • "If you have been injured in a car accident on I-95 or another Connecticut roadway, an experienced Groton car accident attorney would be happy to meet with you today for a free and confidential case evaluation. Please reach out to the Bartinik Law Firm at 860-445-8521 or toll free at 888-717-4211."
Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut