One question I get several times per year from a client is whether my client is permitted to move out of state while their case is pending. The concern is that there is some rule that requires you to remain in Connecticut while your case is pending. My answer is that it is fine to move out of state, but keep in mind that you will have to come back to Connecticut for your deposition, and for trial. So, if you have a case pending here in the Superior Court in New London, Connecticut, and take job in Alaska you should expect to travel back and forth a few times to take part in your case.  The idea is you sued someone here, and should be expected to be present to take part in the case here.  For practical reasons, it is better to remain local, although one certainly has the right to live where they choose.  

If you or anyone you know has a pending case in Connecticut arising from a car accident in Norwich or one of the surrounding towns, and hope to move out of state, and have questions about that then contact the car accident lawyers at The Bartinik Law Firm, PC, 100 Fort Hill Road, Groton, CT at 860 445 8521 or toll free at 888 717 4211.

Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut