Sometimes insurance companies hire other third party companies to act as adjusters in your case.  They do this for various reasons.  For example, they might not have the staff support in your area.  So they assign your case to an independent contractor, private adjuster.  For all practical purposes, private adjusters act just like other adjusters.   They fulfill the same functions as an in-house adjuster.  But their authority to settle will probably be limited.  Many times their role is to gather information only.  Then, when negotiations begin, an in-house adjuster takes over.  

If you or anyone you know has a question about a car or truck accident on Route 2 in North Stonington, Ledyard, or Preston Connecticut contact the Route 2 car accident attorneys at The Bartinik Law Firm PC, 100 Fort Hill Road, Groton, Connecticut at 860 445 8521 or toll free at 888 717 4211.

Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment