If you are a victim of drunk driver in Norwich, Connecticut or in any other town in Southeastern, Connecticut be aware the Connecticut Office of Victims services.  There are great.  

They will provide several different types of services to you.  But the most useful ones for someone who is a victim of a car accident with a drunk driver are these:

1.  They can give you information about the Victim Compensation Program.  You can get compensation for some economic losses, but not pain an suffering.  You will have to bring a civil case in Court to get pain an suffering damages.

2.  They can help you coordinate with the prosecuting attorney to help you get restitution.  You can get this as part of your civil case, but you might be able to get some money back faster since the criminal case willl likely most faster than the civil case. 

3.  They can help you get set up with SAVIN so you get notice of the relevant Court dates.  Many victims chose ot attend the Court when the person charged with the crime goes to Court.  The Court dates get changed frequently for various reasons, and the SAVIN system gives you notice of the Court date change automatically.

If you or anyone you know is a victim of a drunk driver and suffered injuries contact the drunk driver victim lawyers at The Bartinik Law Firm, PC, 100 Fort Hill Road, Groton, CT at 860-445-8521 or toll free at 888-717-4211.

Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment