You are responsible to pay the bills.  But depending upon who is at fault and whether or not you have collision coverage an insurance company will probably agree to pay the bills, and it will seem like they are responsible.  But technically you are responsible to the car repair shop.  Usually, the insurance company will deal with the car repair shop directly.  If you have collision coverage on your policy you have coverage through your policy.  If you do not have collision coverage on your policy then you can have the other guys liability coverage pay for the property damage assuming the car crash was the other guys fault.  Many times the liability coverage will pay for the property damage, and will settle that claim with you separate from the personal injury part of the case. 

If you have a question about a truck or car accident on Rt. 32 in New London, Waterford, Montville, or Norwich Connecticut feel free to contact the Rt. 32 car accident attorneys at The Bartinik Law Firm PC, 100 Fort Hill Road, Groton, Connecticut at 860 445 8521 or toll free at 888 717 4211.

Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment