Yes.  In Connecticut, in order to legally operate a car, that car must be insured.  The lowest amount of insurance permitted is $20,000.00.  But more can and should be purchased.  Generally, the lowest amount of insurance, $20,000.00, in not enough insurance to carry because even a minor injury can lead to medical bills and other losses that a very high.  Many people carry more insurance than the minimum.  But, unfortunately, many people carry $20,000.00.  

I recommend at least three times your annual pay for liability coverage, and double that number for underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage.  For example, if you earn $40,000.00 over a year, then you should have no less than $120,000.00 in liability coverage, and $240,000.00 in underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage.  

If you or anyone you know has a question about a rear end car accident in Connecticut we invite you to contact the car accident attorneys at The Bartinik Law Firm PC, 100 Fort Hill Road, Groton, Connecticut at 860 445 8521 or toll free at 888 717 4211.  


Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Connect with me
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment