Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-717-4211
Phone: 860-445-8521
Bartinik Law Firm, PC

Bartinik Law Firm, PC

Call 860-445-8521
Toll Free 888-717-4211

Q
Can I still recover my harms and losses even if I am partially at fault?

A

Yes, under Connecticut law. In Connecticut we have what is called comparative negligence. So, this means that if you are partially at fault you can still recover, but you damages are reduced by the percentage of fault attributable to your conduct. But if you are over 50% at fault you can’t recover. For example, if the other guy is 85% at fault and you are 15% at fault you can recover but your damages are reduced by 15%. If you are 51% at fault and the other guy is 49% at fault, then you cannot recover at all.

  • "If you have been injured in a car accident on I-95 or another Connecticut roadway, an experienced Groton car accident attorney would be happy to meet with you today for a free and confidential case evaluation. Please reach out to the Bartinik Law Firm at 860-445-8521 or toll free at 888-717-4211."
Peter J. Bartinik, Jr.
Civil Trial Attorney, Practicing Law in Connecticut

Live Chat